Friday, September 24, 2010

What Do You Wish You'd Known at 13?

Imagine a world...

…where every girl grows up with the self-esteem she needs to reach her full potential.
…where every woman enjoys feeling confident in her own beauty.
…where we all help to build self-esteem in the people we love most.


It would be wonderful, wouldn't it? These are the inspiring words behind Dove's Self-Esteem Movement.

I don't usually do many reviews, but when Dove contacted me about spreading the word for their campaign, I couldn't refuse. I think that self-esteem is such an important issue facing women and girls today. It is my belief, as a woman and mother, that it is our responsibility to give our daughters the love and support they need to reach their full potential.

Visit their website to find out how YOU can be a part of this movement. One of the many ways to get involved includes having conversations with girls and women of all ages about self-esteem. One conversation starter is, What do you wish you'd known at 13?

If I could talk to my 13 year old self, I would tell myself to never hold back who I really am to try to fit in. In the real world, how popular you are in high school means NOTHING. I would tell myself that as it turns out, ALL 13 year olds have the same worries and insecurities as me, and although things may get harder before they get easier, I WILL look back at my teenage years and laugh at how silly it all seems now. And oh yeah, I would tell myself to stop liking that boy that doesn't give me the time of day, because he is NOT worth one second of my time!

So, what do you wish you'd known at 13? Please leave a comment, I'd love to know!

Here is a link to find some more conversation starters and activities that you can do with an important female in your life, whether it be your daughter, niece, sister, or friend.

At the Dove Self-Esteem Movement website ,you can find more information about their Dove Self-Esteem Weekend, October 22-24. Please check it out. You can make such a difference in a girl's life by just taking out a little bit of time each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment