Thursday, March 25, 2010

Top 10 Lists

When my students come into the classroom each day, they know they are expected to write a journal entry. The journal entry can be about anything they want. There are some days, understandably, when they just can't think of anything to write a paragraph about. As an alternative, I give them the option to draw a picture, write a Top 10 list, or write a song or poem. I'm having a bit of writer's block myself, so for today I'm going to write a Top 10 list.



Top 10 Things I Couldn't Wait to do after the Baby was Born

1. HAVE A DRINK!
2. Eat a turkey sandwich (I followed all the rules when pregnant).
3. Consume unlimited amounts of caffeine.
4. Sleep on my stomach.
5. Fit into shoes without having my swollen feet ripping through the seams.
6. Take Ibuprofen for a bad headache instead of having to suffer miserably.
7. Be able to walk 20 feet without becoming winded.
8. Put my pants, socks, and shoes on without having to sit on the bed to prevent myself from toppling over.
9. Whiten my teeth. I know, how superficial of me.
10. Hold my baby!

9 months pregnant



Top 10 Things I Miss About Being Pregnant

1. Bigger boobs.
2. People letting me cut in front of them in line. Actually, people just being nicer to me in general!
3. An excuse to sit around and do nothing.
4. Feeling her kick.
5. Ultrasounds and monthly belly pics. Oops, that's two things :)
6. Thicker, shinier hair and nails.
7. Eating a huge bowl of ice cream every night because the baby must really be craving sugar.
8. Always having something to talk about when I'm stuck in a conversation with someone whom I have nothing in common with.
9. "I'm sorry, did I forget to (fill in the blank)? Must be this pregnancy brain!"
10. The joy and excitement towards the end of the pregnancy wondering if this
would be "the day".

Our Angel



First family photo



**Don't forget to vote for me by clicking on the Top Mommy Blogs link on the left.I've also added a rating scale for The Mom Blogs! THANK YOU for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment