Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One Week Left of Work!

Finally, my last day of work is so close I can smell it. Literally. It's getting really smelly in my classroom. 12 year olds and hot, humid weather do not mix!

Everyone told me the two months at work would fly by, but when I think about it, they really didn't go any faster than any other two months of my life. Time is so funny like that. We think to ourselves, "Wow! The last two months flew by!" But in the day to day life, each day and week seems to drag. Time is such a contradiction of itself. The day to day always moves so slowly, but in the big picture, it seems to speed right past us.

So I have one week left of work, and I couldn't be happier. At this point in my life, I know that being at home with Aubrey is where I want and need to be. I am so excited to pick up where we left off when I finished my maternity leave--trips to the mall, taking walks, having plenty of "play time", no rushing around, and a LOT less stress! Now that she's getting older (relatively speaking), I am excited to do more things with her like visiting farms, zoos, baby gyms, the beach, discovery museums, the library and more. For the first time in my life, I am actually reading the town newspaper and looking in the "Community Events" section. Who knew there were so many free events going on daily!

Like I've said before, I'm glad I had to go back to work for two months, because now I know what the other side is like. If I hadn't gone back to work, I never would have really known if being a working mom would have worked for me. At this point in my life, it doesn't work for me. I'm not saying I will never go back to work-financially it may just not be possible for me to always stay home. But I do know that with the time I am home with Aubrey, I will be brainstorming ideas on how I can make money but still be the kind of mom I want to be.

Hopefully this last week of work will fly by, but I know the day to day will draaaag! Time, it's a funny thing.

6 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I am suddenly looking at local family magazines and doing searches on google for kid friendly activities in the area.

    NOT something I thought I would be doing before having my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently lost my job so I'm home with my two kids. I'm so ready to go back to work. Haha!

    I'm stopping by from SITS to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christie! I am so happy for you! I probably will be insanely jealous when September comes and I am back to school for 10 long months... I hope this summer goes VERY slowly..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your blog, love it. I am a teacher as well! 5 days and counting left to the school year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corinne--I hope it goes super slow too! I am looking forward to going out and doing things with the baby. It sure is a looong winter with a winter baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a graphic on another blog that really struck home and your entry reminded me of it. It said "The days are slow but the years fly by" Oh how true!

    ReplyDelete