Friday, July 30, 2010

It's All About my Husband on his Birthday!

Today is my husband's 33rd 25th birthday. I dedicate this post to him, because a lot of my blog tends to be about me and Aubrey, when he in fact is a huge part of our lives!

Justin is a strong, loyal, dependable, funny, caring person. I knew all this before I married him. I knew all this before I got pregnant. However, I had NO idea how much love he had in his heart, and what an amazing father he would be. And I'm not just saying that because it's his birthday or because I want people to think he's so great. He really is.

Let me count the ways…

When I am too tired to deal with things, he tells me to go back to bed and that he'll take care of Aubrey. When he comes home from work, he quickly gets changed and then spends the next hour playing with Aubrey, rolling around with her on the floor and playing with her toys. When he notices me getting frustrated about not having anything to wear, he offers to give me money so I can go "guilt free" shopping. After I spend 45 minutes cooking dinner, he is always the first to get up and start cleaning up the mess. And likewise, when I am too darn tired to cook dinner, he quickly says "I'll get a pizza instead." Although, that could be a jab at my cooking...When I need to talk for an hour about everything in the world that is bothering me, he sits and listens. He really listens. I know this because he doesn't "Uh huh" me to death, but he actually tries to give me good advice and solutions to my problems. He laughs at all my jokes. Even the really, really corny ones. He asks me if I'm ready to go when I have no makeup on (my response being, "Are you kidding? I have no makeup on!"), and then he proceeds to tell me that he couldn't even tell that I hadn't done my makeup yet.

Justin is the kind of husband that makes you truly believe that you are the best person in the world. When in fact, I can honestly say he is the best person I have ever met.

Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

  1. A sweet tribute to your husband! Happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very good hubby! Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to him.

    I just wanted to let you know I have an award waiting for you at my blog. Enjoy! ^_^

    ReplyDelete