5 months and 4 days. That's the age when Aubrey decided that she would give this rice cereal thing a fair shot.
We played by the rules. We waited til she was about 4 1/2 months to try it, and when she rejected it, we waited a week to try again. And then another week. And then another week. And then finally tonight (writing this on Wednesday evening) she decided that she loved it and just couldn't get enough! Halfway through the feeding she started grabbing the bowl and spoon out of my hand. Just like her daddy.
I couldn't take any pics because it was an impromptu couch feeding. Of course Aubrey had to be unconventional and only eat her cereal under abnormal circumstances. She wanted no part of it when she was nicely strapped in her pretty highchair and the camera was rolling. My husband wasn't home to film the momentous occasion this time and there was no highchair involved. I held her on the couch to feed her as we watched the Phillies game. I'm sure all of the books advise against feeding table food to a baby in front of the tv, but I'm pretty sure she will be okay. I'm just glad she finally took to the cereal. I was afraid she was still going to be exclusively bottle fed at her 4th birthday.
1. My new Hyundai Santa Fe...LOVING the SUV! I can finally fit all my crap in the trunk!
2. A wonderful first mother's day with my husband, Aubrey, and family.
3. My husband woke up with the baby FOUR times Sunday night when she decided to pretend she was a newborn again.
4. A new dress from Vicky's Secret.
5. Frappucinos are HALF-PRICE at Starbucks from 3-5pm. I was thrilled when it only cost $2.27 for my mocha frappucino at Target yesterday!