It's been one month since my first day back at work, and it's been quite a month. The first two weeks back felt like a vacation. The last two weeks have felt exactly like life after a vacation--they sucked. I am glad I'm having this two month stint of working, because if I ever doubted my capability of working full time and being a great mom and wife at the same time, I no longer have to wonder. I KNOW I can't do it! I am now determined to find a way to make money without having to work full-time, because I am not one of those women who can happily manage it all and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
However, I don't want to scare other moms who haven't gone back to work yet. Working hasn't been all bad. There are advantages to working. Here are my lists (you know I love a list) of the good and the bad when it comes to working full time.
5 Great Things About Working Full Time
1. A PAYCHECK! Hands down, the best thing.
2. Getting dressed up every day.
3. Getting out of the house before noon.
4. Interaction with other adults on a daily basis.
5. Feeling like I'm competent at something outside of making bottles and changing diapers.
5 Crappiest Things About Working Full Time
1. Losing all of this time with Aubrey. Hands down, the worst thing.
2. Waking up with the baby in the middle of the night, and looking at the clock knowing I have to get up again before 6am.
3. Losing 45 hours a week of time and having twice as much to do.
4. Having to fill my tank more than once a week again.
5. The chaos that ensues every morning before work and each afternoon after work.
The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh
If you enjoy reading my blog, please vote for me by clicking on the Top Mommy Blogs link on the left. Thanks!