Friday, May 14, 2010

Husbands. Who needs them?!

Okay, I'm sort of kidding. But seriously. On Wednesday night, my husband didn't get home from work til after 8 because he was at a conference three hours away. I kept thinking about how difficult it was going to be managing without him. Evenings are always rushed and chaotic these days. Wouldn't you know, I had everything on my normal evening list accomplished by 7:30 pm. Normally when he's home, I am still running around after 9! I even threw in an after work Target trip with the baby. Surprisingly, that went quite smoothly. Although, trying to bring a baby, a diaper bag, a work bag, a lunch bag, a case of water, 6 Target bags, and a 12 pack of paper towels into the house was not very easy. This is something I would still need a husband for.

So of course I wondered why I was able to actually get MORE done without him around. I think it's because when he's home, I know that I have help and therefore procrastinate when I have "free" time. On Wednesday, as soon as Aubrey went down for a nap, I knew that time was of the essence. I didn't waste a second dilly dallying. Instead, I raced through all my chores and steered clear of the normal distractions (i.e. the internet and tv...).

At 7:45, I was sitting on the couch with NOTHING to do. Incredible. The baby was asleep for the night and I was RELAXED...I almost didn't know what to do with myself. I had to stop myself from thinking, "Hmmm...what else can I do?" Instead I just sat on the couch, watched tv, and ate cookie dough ice cream with my husband (we'll start being healthy next week). I'm learning that these nights are rare and when they do come along, I should enjoy every minute!

Funny Friday

"Working mothers are guinea pigs in a scientific experiment to show that sleep is not necessary to human life."

— Anonymous

Have a wonderful weekend and if you enjoy reading my blog, please vote for me by clicking on the Top Mommy Blogs link on the left. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment