Monday, April 19, 2010

Back To Work Today



Well, despite praying for the last 13 months, I did not win the lottery as previously planned, and I am back at hell work today. As you're reading this, I am already there (wrote this Sunday night) and I am most likely doing one of the following things:

1. Thinking about Aubrey.
2. Talking about Aubrey.
3. Checking my cell phone for any updates on Aubrey.

You get the idea. I'm at work right now, but my mind certainly is not. It does make it a LOT easier knowing that once June 23rd hits, I will be home with her for good due to my lay off. I am aware that I am naive about how hard it's going to be without my normal income, but the rational side of myself is being clouded by the joy of getting to stay home with Aubrey.

But even with the end in sight, in the meantime it's still so hard leaving every day--wondering if she's going to forget about me the next two and a half months. Is she going to start looking at her babysitter as "mom"? Is she going to feel safe with her instead of me? I feel like we are finally at the point where we are really becoming "buds" and now I will hardly ever see her. As crazy, stressful, and busy, the last 4 1/2 months have been, it has been worth every single minute. I can't imagine not being with her all day, every day. She just seems too young to be with a babysitter all day instead of her mom. Breaks my heart, sigh :/

My first day back at work and I'm already counting down to the last day!

As always, if you enjoy reading my blog please vote for me by clicking on the Top Mommy Blogs link in the upper left hand corner...thanks for your support!
-----------------------

Monday Must Have

Similac Advance EarlyShield Ready Right Now Infant Formula with iron, 8-Ounce Plastic Bottles (Case of 24)

For any moms who are formula feeding or getting ready to formula feed, I highly recommend these "To Go" bottles by Similac (they come in the Advance EarlyShield and Sensitive). They are very convenient for long days out with the baby. You just give the bottle a shake, put on a nipple, and it's good to go! No need to pack pre-measured formula powder and bottles of water or worry about your pre-made bottles spoiling. These are a lot less hassle and mess!

They come in 2 ounce bottles for the itty bitty babies, and 8 ounce bottles for the "older" babies. My only complaint is that they don't make an in between size, like 5 or 6 ounces. Aubrey ends up wasting two ounces of the 8 ounce bottle, but it's still worth the convenience to me.

Have your own Must-Have? Email it to me at hellosneakers@gmail.com and I will post a link to your blog with your suggestion on next week's post!

2 comments:

  1. Aw girl, I hope your day goes ok
    =( trust me, i'm in the same damn boat as you and it sucks. but she won't forget her mama and man will she be happy to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a recently returning member of the working force, I can say with great confidence...it does get easier. And yes, it will break your heart when you arrive home after a long day and your daughter begins to cry when the babysitter/nanny leaves.

    ReplyDelete