Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Newest Fashion Accessory

Umbrellas are annoying. On windy days, they cause more harm than good. I can't count how many times I must have looked like a crazy person trying to keep my umbrella from blowing inside out. They also take up a whole hand that could otherwise be used for carrying other items. Such as a baby. They are supposed to be helpful, and I suppose for men who have nothing to lug around except for their keys and cell phone, umbrellas probably are helpful. But for women, and especially moms with babies, umbrellas are impossible.Let me explain. On Monday, we had torrential downpours. I'm talking heavy, windswept, in six seconds you go from dry to soaked kind of rain.

I had to carry the following items (and human) from my car to my house:

1. work bag (think briefcase size)
2. diaper bag
3. lunch bag
4. activity mat
5. baby in her car seat

And this was a light luggage day. Normally, you can also throw in a couple of Target bags and a fountain beverage (that can really cause a mess...)

There was NO WAY an umbrella was making the cut. And if you think I was going to make TWO trips to the car, forget about it. I had no choice but to leave it in the car and get soaked. Thank God it was the end of the day and I didn't need to be seen in public and attempt to look put together...my hair was a complete, flat, frizzy mess and my face was just a bit too wet for the fresh, "dewy" look.

This is when it occurred to me that I need an umbrella hat.

What do you think?



Enjoy my blog? Please vote for me by clicking on the Top Mommy Blogs link on the left. Thanks!

------------------------------------------
Wednesday Wisdom

"We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve telling them to sit down and shut up." - Phyllis Diller

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm moving into my office half the time with all the bags I carry around -- purse, lunch bag, breast pump, drink mug. Then when I've got the kids, add a diaper bag, baby carrier and two sticky hands. Anything not absolutely necessary get left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, i just pictured you carrying all of this stuff with an umbrella on your head - it made me laugh. But, I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete