Monday, April 5, 2010

"Ginger, SHUT IT!"

Don't worry; Ginger is my dog, not my baby. Ginger loves to bark, but she especially loves to bark right after I have finally gotten Aubrey to go down for a nap. She barks piercingly loud at any and all things from the sliding doors in our living room. This includes people, squirrels, pieces of trash, and of course-other dogs.

Ginger's barking is especially a problem for us because we live in a condo. Aubrey's bedroom is right next to our living room, so it's inevitable that she will hear Ginger's obnoxious barking fits. At one point, Justin and I were watching Dog Whisperer almost every day of the week, trying to pick up some valuable dog training tricks that would bring us some peace and quiet. All that created was a scene involving a rambunctious, barking dog and two humans chasing after her, pointing their fingers, and trying to imitate Cesar Millan’s "SHH! SHH!" technique (unsuccessfully).

Some days, I just make Ginger go to her "bed" while Aubrey sleeps. Family nap time I like to call it. Although, I don't nap. If I need to shower and Aubrey is napping, Ginger has to go to her bed. If I see Ginger run to her "post"(this is her prime barking spot-the living room doors) while Aubrey is napping, I tell her immediately to go to bed. Do I feel guilty at times for punishing a dog for just doing what a dog is supposed to do? Yeah, sometimes I do. Do I feel guilty enough to let her bark her brains out and wake up the baby? Nope, not at all.

Sorry Ginger, we've all had to make sacrifices for our new little addition, and you are no exception!


Ginger at her "Post"






MUST HAVE MONDAY!


Recently I posted about having to change Aubrey's crib sheet numerous times a week because of leaky diapers. A friend of ours, Amy, says she swears by Huggies Overnites Diapers. We love the Huggies Snug and Dry for during the day, but now that Aubrey is sleeping longer at night we need something even more leak resistant. We are going to give Amy's suggestion a try, because I am tired of changing those crib sheets. Changing crib sheets = more laundry = stressed mommy.

Huggies Overnites Diapers, Size 4, Big Pack, 64-Count Box

Do you have a product you can't live without? Email it to me at hellosneakers@gmail.com and I will give your blog a shout out on the Must Have Monday post!

And as always, if you enjoy reading my blog please vote for me by clicking on the Top Mommy Blogs link in the upper left hand corner...thanks for your support!

4 comments:

  1. Aw Ginger is so cute! I havent heard of Huggies overnights - they must be new! Its a great idea. Found you from Theta Mom Community and dropping in to say I hope you have a great Monday!

    Devan @ Accustomed Chaos
    http://accustomedchaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Devan! Your blog is so unique, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why have I never seen these before? I'm having the exact same problem with my 9 month old! Thanks for the post. BTW, so glad I stumbled onto your blog, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Netty! I'm glad the suggestion helped and I'm so happy you enjoy my blog :)

    ReplyDelete