Monday, April 26, 2010

Working and Working Out...It Ain't Working Out

Anyone else finding it extremely difficult to squeeze in a workout routine while also working all day? And by routine, I mean just once a week...I love exercising, I've always been active and exercising puts me in a good mood. But I'm sorry, the chance of me doing cardio at night or even just "toning" (I'm talking 5 pound weights here), is about as likely as me scrubbing toilets in my spare time. I can barely keep my eyes open to watch tv at the end of the day, let alone physically move my body for thirty consecutive minutes.

Before I went back to work, I was able to tone for a half-hour and do cardio for a half-hour, twice a week. But now that I'm working, I am finding it quite hard to find the time and energy to keep up with even that wimpy routine. I told myself I would cut back to just working out on the weekends, but now I am super busy on the weekends, because I can't get anything accomplished during the week. And I think I speak for most of us when I say the first thing to inevitably get knocked off the priority list is the workout.

I've only been a mom for 4 1/2 months, and I already have learned that there is no way on earth women can do it all...have a great career, be a superb mom, and be a domestic goddess. I.M.P.O.S.S.I.B.L.E. Impossible.

And since I am by nature an underachiever (cleverly disguised as an overly organized perfectionist), I will not even be attempting to achieve this unattainable trifecta. In the words of the Queen of America (aka Oprah), "You can have it all, just not all at once." And since my husband may divorce me if I quit my job before June or stop cooking dinner, it looks like the workouts have to go for now.

Bye bye workouts. See you again this summer.



-------------------------------------
Monday Must-Have

Today's suggestion comes from Kathy over at http://andbabyjasonmakes3.blogspot.com/


Read what she's has to say about the Medela Breast Pump and then check out her awesome blog...her stories are always a good read!

Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag

"I love my Medela Breast Pump (PISA). It's not a very exciting baby product but it has been a LIFESAVER and worth every penny!! I wish I could say my favorite baby product was something more clever or cute but then I would be lying!"

If you have a suggestion for Monday Must-Have, send it over to me at hellosneakers@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I hear you. ::sigh::

    Unfortunately, I am a perfectionist & over-achiever, so I may kill myself trying to attempt the Tri-fecta.

    I'm TRYING to find motivation to squeeze in a 30-minute run after Harry goes down for the night...but then when will I cook? & if I'm cooking at 8pm, when will I blog? So if I'm going to bed at 10pm after my husband, when will I have sex??

    Something has to give. & so far, you're right - the workouts have been non-existent in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time working out and working too. I'm not a morning person, so waking up at 5 AM and going to the gym is pure torture. Then by the time I get home in the evenings, cook and eat dinner, I don't feel like going either. It's too bad the workplace doesn't "pay" people to go to the gym for an hour during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to get paid to workout for an hour :) Yeah, there is no way I'm waking up at 5am to get my workout in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a blog going up on this exact same thing tomorrow. To think a little over a year ago I ran a half marathon, now I've got a 4-month-old and barely have the energy to make it through the day. It's all about motivation ... and I just don't have it.

    ReplyDelete