Friday, April 9, 2010

Mommy Confession: I. Love. Naptime.

A friend of mine recently posted on her Facebook page, "sitting outside enjoying the weather. I love naptime!" It was followed up with responses such as, "ah, sweet naptime" and "best time of the day!"

It made me really happy to see that other moms LOVE naptime as much as I do. I admit, there were times when I felt guilty for loving it so much. Shouldn't I be cherishing every second with my baby? Shouldn't I miss her when she's sleeping and leap off the couch with excitement the second I hear her awakening? I wondered if there was something wrong with me for looking forward to those 2-3 hour naps. It was GREAT to see that other moms enjoy this time as much as I do.



In honor of naptime, I'd like to do a Top 10 list of things I like to do during naptime...in no specific order, of course. I don't have THAT much free time...

1. I get to write my blog (I write them the day before and schedule them to post at 7am)

2. The dog gets to go outside and relieve herself.

3. I am able to EAT!

4. Watching a tv show, all the way through.

5. SHOWERING!

6. Jammin to my Ipod on the treadmill.

7. Getting to chat with my hubs on IM. SO pissed when he "ignores" my IMs during my only free time(he claims that he's actually working).

8. The chance to read other mom blogs and catch up on Facebook.

9. Laundry. Technically, I don't LIKE doing laundry, but naptime is a prime time to get it done.

10. Knowing that for two hours, I don't have to change a diaper, wash a bottle, or worry that baby is going to roll off the couch. She is safe and sound in her crib and for two hours, I get to have ME time :)

-------------------------------------

Funny Friday!

This is the first one I found and I HAD to use it. THIS IS ME!!!



If you have a funny mom joke or cartoon email it to me at hellosneakers@gmail.com and I will post it next Friday with a link to your blog. Yay for free advertising!

As Always...
If you enjoy reading my blog please vote for me by clicking on the Top Mommy Blogs link in the upper left hand corner...thanks for your support!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the top ten list, very similar to mine! ps-i voted for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got about 7 weeks until I experience the nap time sensation! But I can imagine it's just divine. And how cute are they when they're sleeping??!!

    ReplyDelete